9/24/2009

Lizzie Thomas



http://lizziethomas.co.

Artist Statment: I am a newly graduated paper artist based in Brighton, Sussex, UK. I express my ideas through the media of paper cutting, woodwork, books arts and print.

My work is an exploration of narrative, myth and metaphor. I am particularly interested in the use of symbol in fairytale and folklore and also write my own stories. I take inspiration from the use of wood and paper in Japanese spiritual life. I use 2D to create 3D by introducing layering and movement into materials. I exhibit and sell nationally and welcome commissions. I am a member of Craft Central and the Crafts Council Craft Directory.

1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful art work and I can clearly see the connection between it and Japanese spirituality.

    Art and spirituality seem inseparable. A variety of art/spirituality workshops in the UK can be found on the UKSpirituality web site.

    ReplyDelete